Sunday, June 22, 2008

Santa Monica

overlooking the beach
Santa Monica Pier....Notice the HUGE ferris wheel!! Looks harmless, right? How bad can a ferris wheel really be, especially one with such a beautiful view! Didn't notice until I saw this picture that the ferris wheel is actually taller than the roller coaster.

Ok...let me explain the next 2 pictures. First of all, I will start by saying between Todd and I , I am the more daring one with rides and Ryan takes after me and Nathan takes after Todd. I love roller coasters and am usually not afraid of heights. So I willingly offered to go on the giant ferris wheel at the Santa Monica pier with Ryan....who was so desperately wanting to ride it! Let me just say I renamed it afterwards: "The Wheel of Terror" It literally makes you feel like you are dangling over the ocean. Not to mention there were 50mph winds at the top...and they stopped us at the top twice! UUHHG! It was so scary....I could not let go of the side....as you will notice in the picture below.
Yes, that is me gripping the side while I attempt to get a picture for Todd..who is on the ground!
Ryan and I dangling over the ocean! We sat at the top for a while before I managed to open my eyes and quick snap a picture!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the first picture you have of the beach!! Beautiful...I think I saw David Hasselhoff running down the beach too in the background...hahah (Baywatch!!!)
Megan looks a little crabby in that stroller, did a CA baby call her fat?? haha
Your sis,
Christine

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun. Sorry Barb about the ferris wheel. You must take after your Mom. haha.