Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Misc. Thoughts

This week is Lauran's transfusion and I am very interested to see what her Hemoglobin is at prior to transfusing. She has followed her usual pattern the week leading up to her transfusion. She has gotten lethargic this week, has had less of an appetite and is more picky about food, and at times is very moody. She has had a couple of extreme tantrums too. She was doing a lot better this month with the tantrums so she is I am thinking she is just more easily set off due to not feeling well. This afternoon she came home from her hearing test(which she passed with flying colors) and she crawled through the door into the house. She would not stand up. She looked so worn out...and that is with a 2 hour nap today. She actually asked for a nap the pass few days! Her energy seem worse than last month so I am curious if maybe she is lower at the 4 week mark than last month. We will see!

We are planning on trying out some new fun to keep Lauran busy at the hospital this month! A cyber friend of mine who has a little boy from China with Thalassemia gave me a great idea. She suggested I do manicure/makeover stuff ...and I wonder why I hadn't thought of it myself. Lauran LOVES that sort of thing!! So hopefully she will have fun!! So check back for some "princessy" (OK...I don't think that is a really a word....but you get the point!) photos to be posted soon. I tried out the dress up stuff with the girls last week...so I have posted a preview! I will get a close up next time so you can see the makeup better... they have lip gloss and eye shadow on :)





Lauran received some new dress up clothes for her b-day from her aunt Kristi.....that she even shared...and tried out with the makeup :)


On the brighter side ...my sweetie is picking up words like crazy! She uses English now to ask for things ...which helps a lot! Ironically, even though we use the word dog all the time...even prior to getting the puppy...she still uses the Chinese name for dog(gou-gou). And she still refers to herself as Tian -Tian. I almost feel bad that I changed her name. She responds to Lauran but calls herself Tian! Anyways...my favorite is still..I LUB YOU! Which she learned right away in China and says about 20 times at bed time!


As far as the puppy goes....I plead temporary insanity!! Just kidding :) House training, however...... well it stinks....literally!! Luckily it is nice out and we are outside, so we keep her out a lot. We have had more than enough accident indoors though! The kids(minus Ryan) love her though. She is a very playful and cuddly dog too! I know in the long run it will be great for them. Ryan does tolerate her pretty well.....considering all he is dealing with in his mouth:(




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Megan & Lauran,
You look so cute playing dress-up!
Merry