Sunday, March 15, 2009

Megan's 3 year Gotcha Day ....and more:)




Thursday was Megan's 3 year Gotcha day! I can't believe it has been 3 years since adopting her...AND next month we will be adopting again! We celebrated by going out to dinner with the kids and going to Build-a-Bear. I wanted to make it a family day! The boys are not so much into the build-a bear thing so they opted out and decided to buy books at Barnes and Noble instead. My boys are too big for bears.....WHAT? How did that happen?

Anyways, this was Megan's 1st trip and she LOVED it! It was a fun day!

As we are getting closer to going to China part of me is freaking out a bit. I am feeling a little overwhelmed lately. Another way to say it is that I am feeling a little bit unequipped. There have been quite a few days lately I have felt over my head as a mom. Not just tired, but parenting challenges that just make me feel like I am clueless. I start to doubt God's plan, that maybe he mad a mistake in picking me to adopt or parent at all for that matter! Even though my head knows God didn't make a mistake and that he will equip me to do this, my heart has not been on board! Anyways...I prayed for God to help me not feel so overwhelmed and he used the following passage to remind me that He is my source of strength and I was trying to do it on my own....again :)
Isaiah 40:28-31

Do you not know?
Have you not heard?
The LORD is the everlasting God,
the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired or weary,
and his understanding no one can fathom.
He gives strength to the weary
and increases the power of the weak.
Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall;
but those who hope in the LORD
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.

No comments: