Monday, March 9, 2009

Megan asks for a Bible...but not any bible will do :)







Megan came into my room the other day, after playing in her bedroom, and out of the blue said she wanted to buy a bible. She has several bible story books we read but I had not bought her an actual bible yet. (Something about the thin delicate pages and 3 and 4 year old hands). She didn't just want any bible either...she announced she wanted a princess bible. I was confused as to how she knew this existed. I, of course, have seen the girly pink ones with the princess crown and glitter but have not shown them to her( a bit over priced I thought)I asked her how she knew about the princess bible...if someone at church had one..but she seemed confused and started to talk in circles...so I dropped it. She kept asking though so I said we would go to the bible store and buy one. So I did...and yes I indulged her in the over priced princess themed bible. It was more glammed out than I even remembered...with a big rhinestone clasp and all. Of course we needed the pink, furry, bible purse to carry it in also! Now however, I need to drive home even more now, that she is a princess of the King Jesus, and not just a princess who can get what ever she wants...LOL

No comments: