Monday, May 11, 2009

Taking time to lick the spoon!

So I took a break last week from working on my atrocious house...which looks like a tornado went through it ...but just happened to leave everything in categorized piles. Piles of laundry, piles of dishes, piles pf paperwork, piles of shoes, toys, ..... Anyways, somehow I ended up with 3 bags of marshmallows in my pantry AND since food has been falling out of the pantry every time I open the doors, due to un-named little people throwing food back into the pantry in a very disorderly fashion, as if there is a tiny elf in there ready to organize it. So I decided to use up some marshmallows and make some Rice Krispie treats! Plus, I find it interesting to watch Lauran try new foods. She LIKES to eat(when she is not anemic)! She joins Nathan in that club. She does have her preferences though ...but she is at least willing to put almost anything in her mouth! If she doesn't like something she spits it out after a couple chews. Really gross...especially for Nathan who gags at the sight of anything mushy(he still won't put milk on his cereal). The Rice Krispie treats were a hit. Megan helped me make them and was very proud! I thought it was funny when I handed the big spoons to the girls to lick...Lauran knew just what to do with it! No instructions needed. So I went a little picture crazy!



I promise I did let the marshmallow cool...It only looks like I forced her to lick a sweltering hot spoon!





"not...quite...sure...if...I...can...get...my...whole...mouth ...around...this...spoon!"











Best sisters...sharing food, sharing toys.....Ok the toys thing ain't happenin quite yet! And Megan is only being permitted to touch Lauran while she is eating because Megan has her own spoon...Just for the record!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Girls, good job at 'washing' your spoon. Looks clean enough to put back into the drawer! Merry

Grandma said...

Megan and Lauran can clean those spoons as well as Barkley! No dishwasher needed. Uck!